About Me

My photo
I still feel like a teenager on the inside, unfortunately my children do remind me how old I am!! I have lived for 20+ years as an Irish expat in The Netherlands. My favourite city here has to be Amsterdam.

Writing, reading, authentic living. It's all here at The Writing Process


Welcome to my blog. Let me start by telling you that I love writing. I love the sense of vitality it gives me. I love that it helps me to make sense of the world and to the people in it. I love that it helps me become wiser, more intuitive, empathic, and most of all autonomous.

All aspects - reading, writing and observing - are what make the process complete. The essence is storytelling, and learning about
life and yourself.


Sunday, November 4, 2012

NaNoWriMo day 4


Day 4

Okay, people, I have checked out the NaNoWriMo site, and there are more like me out there. There's a special category of writer that has been labelled Rebel (Yeeh). That means someone who owns up to working on an existing work, aiming to add 50k words to it by the end of the month. Well, that's me. I have been working on a book for such a long time, and am using this month to finish the first draft. Not as easy as it sounds, given that most of the free flowing ideas have already been written and that it's a struggle to keep up that momentum for the whole of November. But, I am going to do my best.
Today however is a slow day. But, I am going to plod along, not get disheartened or bogged down. My objective is to do justice to the story, and if that takes another 50k words and these are written on time then I shall definitely validate as a bona fide NaNoWriMo achiever.

Become a donor and support literacy

No comments: